I’m against taxis on principle. They’re usually really expensive and I should just walk or take a bus if it’s available. But occasionally the other options aren’t good/ available.
- 3/22/09 2am, Austin, TX (getting back to my friend’s house after a show at SxSW after he’d left earlier)
- 3/20/09 1:30am, Austin, TX (getting back to my friend’s house after a show at SxSW after he’d left earlier)
- 3/12/09 1:30am, San Francisco (getting home with Dave and Tina after a show because their flight was early the next day)
- 2/17/09 10pm San Francisco (splitting a taxi back from the airport with coworkers)
- 2/16/09 6:05pm Lahaina, HI (with two others, getting back to the hotel after a 20 mile hike and 2 bus rides because the last bus/ shuttle stopped 6-7pm for the driver’s dinner)
- 12/17/07 5pm Taipei, TW (from work with two coworkers at their insistence)
- 12/09/07 1am Taipei, TW (post-subway hours trip back to my hotel)
- 12/3/07 8:30am Taipei, TW (to work after a bus came that was too full to fit on)
That’s right, I don’t think I took a cab in 2008.
Also, I have no idea why I thought I should make this list.