So I’ve been trying to get ready for my 100-mile Lake Tahoe century bike ride which is in just over a week now. This week so far:
- Monday: Portola Valley loop (~15 miles, ~700 feet elevation gain) with my 20 lb. shoulder bag
- Wednesday: Old La Honda (3 miles, 1200 feet elevation gain) + Portola Valley (total ~22 miles + 2000 ft elevation gain)
- Thursday: Portola Valley loop
The rest of my rides before the century will probably be:
- Saturday: King’s Mountain + Canada (36 miles, 2800 ft) Update: I ended up doing Old La Honda, circling back down and then doing King’s Mountain + Canada. Total was something like 43 miles, 4000ft elevation gain
- Monday: Canada + Crystal Spring + (perhaps) Portola Valley (~32 or ~46 miles, mostly rolling hills)
- Wednesday: (double) Portola Valley loop
- Thursday: something hard, maybe Old La Honda plus double Portola Valley loop, or Kings Mountain + Canada
- Saturday: light spin up in Tahoe
- Sunday: ride around Lake Tahoe!
I hurt; I’m starting to regret signing up for this thing.
While on the subject of sports, my friend’s ipod excercise idea got patented (by him/ Apple).