- 20% Catholic Charities, CYO, Archdiocese of San Francisco—local—I feel like they’re one of the better organizations serving the poor et al in San Francisco
- 20% American Red Cross (National Disaster Relief Fund)—national
- 20% South African Development Fund—international/ South Africa
- 20% African Medical and Research Fund (AMREF)—international/ Africa—they do research and have medical aid for AIDS and malaria, among other things.
- 20% Freedom from Hunger—international
Criteria: I like Africa and South Africa in particular. I like efficient organizations. (I only donate to four star charities.) I think international charities can help more people per dollar than American charities. My primary concern is saving lives now and in the future. At the same time, I think one should strive to help out locally and nationally as well.
Okay, that’s it, I think. I’m a little reluctant to post about this as always.